Week 3 – Group D- Clay Induction

In week three, we tested our moulds by using pottery clay to create our bricks. We did this to see how secure our moulds were and what things we would change about them. Our mould had the biscuit joint which made it really hard to take it apart and remove our brick prototype, so instead we left the clay inside and allowed our brick to dry in order for it to shrink in sizer as it dried. This way the brick would just fall out. When putting the clay into the mould, we had to press down to ensure that it went all the way through in order for the clay to take shape without creating air bubbles. If air bubbles were to be present, the brick model would explode when fired.

Group D –

Adam Scrimshaw

Olivia Myttion

Stuart Lee

Eglal Yafai

%d bloggers like this: